He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Impulse parenting.

We learned a little something about seatbelt safty last week. Jayce thought it would fun to impress Madison (carpool friend) in the car by unbuckling "I am standing, na na na na na na" Didn't take long for Lainy to follow suit. She popped that belt right off, but I was quick! I hit the brakes. (Residential street, 25 mph tops) Well, Lainy flew right out of her seat into the radio head first. Whoops. Of course I pulled over and made sure the screamer was fine. I glanced in the rearview mirror and Jayce and Madison were still in shock. I have yet to call Madison's mother and explain. I am sure she got an earful when Madison got home. I do feel kindof bad for Lainy flying through the car, but they sure are careful to make sure the vehicle stops moving before they unbuckle!

2 comments:

  1. Great lesson learned. I didn't even see a bump on her today. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lesson and Lainy flying forward emphasized that...I mean, that is what would happen in an accident, right? ...and probably worse. Hopefully they won't do that again! Great job Lu!

    ReplyDelete