He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Twinkie, Twinkie little star


Do you know how much trouble you are??

Ok, I know all of my family members have heard and seen pictures of this story, but again, this blog is for journaling purposes and this is one I would like to remember.

MMMMmmmm, rarely do I buy things like Twinkies because, (if I'm being honest) I eat the majority of the box. My children had never had twinkies prior to this experience, so I can sympathize with the outcome. Lainy and I were enjoying a quiet afternoon (Jayce was at school and Jared asleep) and she had her alotted one twinkie already that day, and was asking for more. I of course told her no, and put her back in front of whatever movie she was watching for quiet time, and went back into the office to do whatever I was doing. It was a very quiet few minutes later, so I went to check on things. I walked by her room and the door was open just a crack and she was sitting on her bed eating something. When I came in to get a closer look, I realized she was finishing off a twinkie. But as the brainchild she is, she realized she couldn't get the wrapper open alone, and knew sure as anything I wasn't going be any help, so she had sucked every ounce she could out of the cracks in the wrapper! It was too late for discipline I had already started laughing, so I grabbed my camera.

3 comments:

  1. Priceless! I with you, when I buy something like that I end up eating way more than my share:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo funny! I love her big blue Osmun eyes. How could you get mad at those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so Osmun it hurts! It's a good thing Heavenly Father made kids so cute. I'm sure that's part of the plan of salvation. Otherwise, parents could be in some serious trouble.

    ReplyDelete