There are few rules in our house in terms of how we speak to one another. It all rallies around respect. First, what we call no neener neenering. You know the tone of voice "neener neener neener" or "I have more than yooou do. ha ha ha ha ha" Yeah, that doesn't fly in my house. Also, no name calling. We are all welcome to express how we feel about each other, but name calling is not tolerated. And the other is no "I told you so's" Well, my 5 year old called me on it this morning. He was trying to make a paper airplane, and I told him I knew how to make one. He didn't believe me. (I suspect because I am a girl, but this is just theory) Anyhow, he hesitantly allowed to me fold away and took off with it after I was done. (With a very nice airplane I might add) He came in about 15 minutes later and was ramblng on about how wonderful his airplane was. I responded by saying "See? I told you I could make a great plane" He 'respectfully' let me know "Mom, it really isn't very nice to say I told you so."
Lesson learned. Do as I do, not do as I say.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
No neener neener
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I think when you said this word to me last week it was the first time I had heard it in a long long time. It is such a funny thing to say. Glad to see Jayce is keeping you on your toes.
ReplyDeleteJulia,
ReplyDeleteI tagged you on my blog...check it out!