Today I had a love/hate relationship with my acre of land. I started out by pulling weeds and sweating in the 80 degree weather at 8 am. And after I had had enough, and decided an acre was just too much to take care of, the kids came running out reminding me of my promise to help them fly a kite once we had enough wind. They were right! It was the PERFECT day to fly kites! This is when I realized just how blessed I was to be able to go outside and fly kites in my front yard! I know we live at least 5 miles from even the closest grocery store, but the space and peace make it all worth it!!!
Lainy and her Dora kite got along pretty well, she was bored after about 10 minutes and ditched us to go in and actually watch Dora.

I couldn't have asked for a nicer day! It's actually pretty theraputic flying a kite.

Jayce really learned how to work with the wind, he had Spongebob flying for almost an hour! When I came out to get him he had somehow dragged a lawnchair out and sat down to rest as he flew his kite!

What a great day!!!! Memories like this will last... Great pictures too. You are so lucky to have such a nice piece of land to do things like this with your family. You just need a little grass and you can have a picnic! I love picnics!
ReplyDeleteOh you should have called I would have brought my giant kite over and played with them. My kids have used it only once but it is a great one. Call me next time I will come play too.
ReplyDeleteHow cool! My dis are more like Lainey-they don't last very long.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! and Julia Rich just pointed out to me that we aren't one of your favorite families....I know we live far away but come on!
ReplyDelete