He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Friday, November 28, 2008

Black and blue Friday


This was the first year I attempted the black Friday crowds in the wee hours of the morning. I left at 3:30 am and headed for Kohl's. The line to get in the door was at least a quarter mile long. Then when I finally got inside and found the few things that were left that were on my list,
I headed to the front of the store to get in line.
Then I headed toward the back of the store to get in line.
Then I headed to the back wall and wrapped around a few loops to get in line. I stood at the back of line for about 15 minutes, picked up all of my things, set them on a nearby display and went home to go back to sleep. Around 9:30 Jason and I packed up the kids and headed back out to Kohl's. I found most everything on my list, it wasn't nearly as crowded, I had make-up on this time, and was well rested. My good friend Laurie thrives on this kind of adventure. It must be her competitive side. Ü She braved Walmart and picked a few things up for me this morning. Thanks Laurie!

3 comments:

  1. this is the first year I stayed in bed and it felt great. I did keep waking up with the feeling I was missing out but was to warm to get up. We shall go together next year, it is funner with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first I thought you had taken Jared with you when you went at 3:30, but I am assuming that is a pic from when you went later. At least you can say you got up and tried...I didn't even make an effort!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never gone... my sleep is worth more then the $. And I don't want to be trampled...
    oh yeah and the small fact that I am claustrophobic...

    ReplyDelete