He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

January 2006
Grammy has a very short list of things she hates in life and bananas might very well top that list. Jayce does not have a wide array of food choices, but I am always trying. So, imagine my surprise when today, as I cut up a bananas for Lainy I asked Jayce if he wanted a bite and he happily answered 'sure mom'. I was a bit startled but went with it, and stuck it in his mouth. I have never seen a banana shoot out of someones mouth with such force and so fast. It must have hit the floor 4 or 5 feet in front of him. I laughed of course, and then he started to spit. And spit and spit until he gagged. He gagged, I am assuming until he was sufficiently satisfied that every morsel was gone. Your Grammy would be so proud.

3 comments:

  1. I don't like bananas either. I do like banana bread and pudding (with no chunks). I will have to give Jayce a high five next time I see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love bananas and for a while there I was allergic. It makes no sense I know because now I can eat them just fine, but they would break my mouth out with huge sores. This Jayce of yours sure is a character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O sick, bananas are the worst! If Rich eats a banana he can't come near me or I will gag. Way to go Jayce!

    ReplyDelete