He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Zoo

We hit the zoo today. 4 moms and 11 kids. It was quite fun. Meg had zoo passes and allowed the kids and I free admission! Thanks Meg! Here are some highlights:

I just really like this shot of my good friend Laurie and her tall dark and spotted friends.


Lainy wanted to be holding one of these two boys hands at all times. Looks like her lucky day.
I loved seeing these very cool spider monkeys up close and personal. They have this exhibit where you can actually go in and get close enough to touch them, although we were prohibited from doing so since they bite. They jumped into the trees right over our heads. I was afraid to get pooped on.
I think it will be a while before I take my kids to see an elephant up close and personal again. I didn't think much of it as Jared spotted this giant hairy creature, and took a few very slow deliberate steps backward. He mentioned the 'ew-fent' a few times throughout the day, and it took me 2 hours to get him to bed tonight, since every time I closed the door I heard blood curdling screams and the word 'ew-fent' intermixed. Poor kid. He stayed pretty close to the stroller and had a very mellow zoo trip.


1 comment:

  1. I'd like to say I'm sorry to have missed it but truly my 10AM nap was fabulous! Thanks for helping out with my kids.

    ReplyDelete