He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Get a grip



I was reading Codie's blog about her son chewing on a tampon. And I forgot I needed to blog about Jared's encounter with a tampon at the zoo, which in turn reminded me of my sister Shelley's unconventional use of pads.

Ew. I should begin with ew. I took the kids into the zoo bathroom to pee, and Jared just sort of hung out in stall and followed me over to the sink while washing hands. I looked down and saw he had found a treasure. Tampon! Ew ew ew. I grabbed and threw it as far from us as I could, realizing I could have used the trash can didn't occur to me. Needless to say, we washed and rewashed hands.

When we were kids, mom used to keep all the extra 'girl' stuff in the garage cupboards. Shell was too young to know what it all was, and one day realizing how uncomfortable her handlebars on her bike were, decided to take action to remedy that. When mom found her she had pads stuck all over the bike. Handlebars included. She was so proud and comfy to be riding such a padded bike.



5 comments:

  1. The tampon story. Dee-freaking-sgusting. Why are my kids obsessed with my tampons. They fight over them for pete's sake. The pad story is classic. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this is why cameras are so important. You are telling me your mom didn't take a picture of Shelly's bike? That is the funniest story.
    Zoo story not so funny, that is yukky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so my poop picture post wasn't really all that bad in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog and wanted to say that you (or your kids - really)are hysterical! I love reading what you write and this topic is always funny to read about...not so much to experience...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally cracking up right now! Yeah that pretty much sums up my reasons for avoiding public restrooms...although with my boys aims it seems that the guest bath is almost as bad.
    Nika once went into the men's room at church while I was at a meeting and picked up the urinal cake...ewwwww. I screamed so loud I think people thought I was being attacked...I blamed it on the acoustics...

    ReplyDelete