He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still -Lao-Tzu

Monday, November 17, 2008

Celebrating the 80's

We are nearing full winter in AZ and it's not anywhere near a winter wonderland! For 7 years I have complained my way through 6 months of scorching summer weather and vowed to leave this desolate place the next time an unbeatable job offer came around. (ha!) But each November, as I pack up the swimsuits for a few months, and think about what I am thankful for the WEATHER always come to mind! I stop complaining that I want to move, and enjoy the days of children playing outside all day. I love being able to go running anytime of the day, and it be comfortable. I love that my kids asked what earmuffs and mittens were. I love that I get to wear my slippers around the house and that my kids say I sound like Grammy when she walks in her slippers. I love that when I drink my hot cocoa, it actually warms me. (I drink hot cocoa year round) I love taking a hot shower and not feeling like I am sweating while I do. And as much as snow on Christmas would be nice, I love Christmas in a t shirt and jeans, and my kids being able to go ride the new bike they got without bundling up and shoveling the driveway first.

4 comments:

  1. Look at you being all positive! I was just mumbling about this crappy 80 degree weather. Singing along to "Beginnig to look a lot like Christmas" and thinking how much it doesn't feel like it. I'm so not tolerant of the heat. I celebrate the 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 80's!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not be more happy about the weather, especially today! I wish I had a truck full of snow to dump on Laurie's lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best time of the year. I also love that my kids will play outside till I make them come in! I do sometimes wish for all of the seasons. But, Arizona is home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm....not sure I agree with you Lu on that one. I have to say I was kinda depressed when I looked at the 10-day forcast and it said 80s. I miss the cold, I miss the snow, and I miss cold weather clothes! Ah well - it is kinda nice being able to play at the park without a thousand layers on the kids and having to warm up the car for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete